Fast ForWord programmes are not just for school students. Many adults struggle daily with their careers and personal lives due to poor reading, language and listening abilities. Fast ForWord is ideal for adults who want to improve their listening skills, their reading ability, and for those wishing to improve their use of the English language.
Adult Fast ForWord programmes
Adults complete the two Fast ForWord language programmes – Fast ForWord Literacy and Fast ForWord Literacy Advanced, and then follow up with the appropriate reading programmes
(Fast ForWord Reading 3, Fast ForWord Reading 4, Fast ForWord Reading 5).
Fast ForWord Literacy
- Auditory discrimination
- Language structures
- Working memory
- Listening comprehension
- Phonological fluency
Fast ForWord Literacy builds cognitive, language, and literacy.
Fast ForWord Literacy Advanced
- Age targeted and motivating animations
- Practice with phonemic awareness, decoding, and word recognition
- Advanced practice in decoding
- Sequential and inferential comprehension questions
- Advanced grammatical structures
- Highly demanding sustained attention tasks
- Ability to sequence multi-step instructions
Fast ForWord Reading 3
Making Words and Language Fit Together
Fast ForWord Reading 3 exercises builds reading knowledge and fluency. With a focus on recognising word sounds, word forms, and spelling conventions this product develops basic vocabulary and comprehension skills.
Using an exclusive patented technology to help students build cognitive skills in the context of essential reading skills, Fast ForWord Reading 3 exercises includes:
- Advanced knowledge of letter-sounds
- Phonology and spelling
- Structure of written language Vocabulary
- Cause and effect relationships in written text
- Paragraph Comprehension
Fast ForWord Reading 4
Faster Comprehension, Expanded Vocabulary
It continues the development of cognitive skills but presented in the context of reading.
Fast ForWord Reading 4 exercises use exclusive patented technology to help students build cognitive skills in the context of essential reading skills including:
- Sentence Comprehension
- Paragraph Comprehension
Fast ForWord Reading 5
Strengthens Critical Thinking Skills
Based on research of how the brain learns, Fast ForWord Reading 5 exercises use exclusive patented technology to help students build cognitive skills in the context of essential reading skills including:
- Advanced practice in Phonemic Analysis, Spelling and Decoding
- Comprehension strategies
- Complex Sentence Construction and Comprehension
- Passage Construction, Organisation and Comprehension